Thursday, September 12, 2013

A washing bag for University

Tomorrow I'm driving my first born to Glasgow University. She is packing her stuff, there is a lot of it... And between the other things, i had to make her a wash bag.
She chose this lovely print with the typewriters, I kept half of it. So completed with some cotton fabric I had. Pink gingham ribbon to finish.




I will miss her, but am grateful for modern ways of communication. Between emails, texts, Skype and Facebook I should be able to keep well in touch.

She is the last one to go back to school, the summer is over. I have several projects that need to be done around the house, but there should be some sewing as well.

Yesterday I led a workshop in Boutis for the ladies from my quilting group, the Golden Lion Quilters. They liked it and I will help them again at our next meeting in 2 weeks. I still have to finish a project started 2 years ago. It will happen.

A bientot.

Pascale.

4 comments:

Benoit Philippe said...

Very nice. I like the typewriters.

Plum Cox said...

Be brave! All too soon it will be Christ mas and she'll be back home again!
Lovely bag! Hope she makes good use of it (and has a splendid time at Uni!).

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

hope the tripgoes well, and you are bothfine! im sure you will be, but that final step away saw me awash with tears!

Julierose said...

I love those bags--typewriters are so apt for college. I can recall how empty our home felt when my two left for college...courage mon amie.

julierose